Temporary Residence Registration Form

Moderator: savanb

Temporary Residence Registration Form

Postby long_way » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:50 pm

When you check into a hotel or hostel in China you will have to fill out one of "Registration Form of Temporary Residence".

Most of the time the receptionist will use your passport and fill out the form in Chinese on your behalf (they may ask you a question or two, for example where are you coming from and what will be your next destination in China).

Even if you rent an apartment you will have to report to the nearest police station (within 48 hours after your arrival) and fill out one of these forms. In case if you are staying in an apartment then the apartment owner will have to bring their property documents and ID documents (hukou) which will prove that you have their permission to stay there.

Here is how Temporary Residence Registration Form looks like:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg18 ... strati.jpg
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:56 am

Return to Everything else...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest